Glasscarbonfiber – fiberglass with 30% addition of carbon fiber.
The structural polymer composite material.
Corrosion resistance, low water absorption, high specific strength, nonmagnetic property and processability allow using this material instead of non-ferrous metals, stainless steel and other structural materials deficient in the production of
– propeller diameter up to 2 m for ultralight planes;
– propeller for hang gliders, paragliders, gyroplanes;
– propeller for hovercraft;
– blades and disks cooling fans;
– blades for wind generator;
– blades of water pumps for power plants;
– fairings sonar systems;
– consumer goods (sports equipment and spare parts).
Main components of glasscarbonfiber are carbon and glass fiber materials (glass and carbon grades T10-80) and a low-viscosity epoxy binder resin, diluent and hardener. Glass and carbon fiber fabrics provide strength and rigidity. And binder gives solidity, promotes uniform distribution of efforts between the fibers, fiber protects against chemical, atmospheric and other external influences. The binder allows fiberglass to give a different configuration and shape.
– tensile strength, kg / cm – from 4000 to 5400;
– breaking stress at compression, kg / cm – from 3400 to 5300;
– bending strain in compression, kg / cm – from 4000 to 5300;
– modulus of elasticity (x 100,000) kg / cm – from 2 to 4.
Along with high strength of glasscarbonfiber also has high performance, including:
– low water absorption;
– anti-magnetic properties;
– high breakdown voltage;
– vibration-absorbing properties;
– low specific gravity (in comparison with the metal in less than 4 times);
– low electrical conductivity.